Monday, November 24, 2008

David Rawlings, Gillian Welch, John Paul Jones at Bonnaroo



I've set aside the month of December for finishing up a couple of screenplays that have long since been promised delivery and on redesigning my website. I think one of the new 'books' on my site will be dedicated to documentary work. Here are a couple of shots from Bonnaroo 07. Although Manchester, TN is just a short drive south of Nashville, I had actually never been to any of the previous Bonnaroos before getting the call that week and asked to go on assignment for Women's Wear Daily (Thank you Michael Norseng at Esquire for the referral). Discovered a ton of great new music (the Cold War Kids were phenomenal), ran into some old friends and had a chance to catch some magical moments -- on stage, and off. I've probably been lucky enough to have seen Gillian and David play at least a dozen times and I've never been disappointed. Even so, I'd never seen them so on top of their game. Their two songs with John Paul Jones joining in on the fun were pure icing on the cake. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home